Undersecretary for Environmental Policy and Planning
Mexico Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources
He had a PhD on Sciences and Environmental Engineering; a M. Sc. on Environmental and Health Management by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); and a bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering from the Autonomous Metropolitan University in Mexico City.
Currently Mr. Lacy holds the position of Under Secretary of Policy and Environmental Planning at SEMARNAT
He has given several lectures at national and international forums on environment, sustainable development, climate change, green growth, air pollution and water.
He is adept at managing air quality, environmental impact and risk, as well as in environmental audits.
His career spans over 30 years, which has served as a public official, both federal and local levels, consultant and teacher, some of their positions as follows:
- Coordinator of Programs and Projects for Studies on Energy and Environment in the Mario Molina Center.
- Executive Director of Special Projects in the College of Environmental Engineers.
- Chief of Staff of the Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Management Director of the company Environmental Specialists, SA de CV.
- General Director of Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution of the Ministry of Environment of the Federal District Department.
- General Manager of Environmental Projects in the General Coordination for the Prevention and Control of Pollution in the Federal District Department.